Electrical Engineers are the primary electrical technical resource for manufacturing and field support. Working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate, the Electrical Engineer must be able to identify and provide reliable solutions for technical issues to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. The Electrical Engineer must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- Maintain expert level product and Electrical knowledge.
- Provide design and specification support to Manufacturing.
- Provide support to Sales Team during the Submittal Process.
- Respond to functional and technical aftermarket support requests from Sellers’ Reps and customers.
- Assist in Technical field support prior to startup.
- Backup Service Department when Field Service Manager is not available.
- Listen, understand and convey customer requirements.
- Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- Maintain professional business relationships with Reps and Direct Customers.
- Assist in the design and development of new products and tools as assigned.
- Provide status of ongoing projects and future projects as requested.
- Identify and document issues, solutions, and responsibilities to improve future understanding and support.
- Compile electrical drawing packets to meet required schedule.
- Responsible for Customer and Shop Floor Change Orders.
- Provide back up support to all other engineering disciplines.
- Coordinate information flow with external vendors (i.e. Siemens, Webster, Etc.).
- Strive for Continuous Process Improvements in assigned areas.
- Identify areas for cost improvements.
- Conduct special projects as assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Proficient in Solidworks and Sage ERP (or similar) Software.
- Capable of reading and understanding electrical schematics.
- Possess a solid understanding of electrical and control systems.
- Exhibit strong Communication, Interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Customer Service or Sales Support experience.
- Proven Project Management skills.